Efficiency is the cornerstone of competitive advantage in today’s marketplace, and C-level business leaders are focused on the integration of legacy systems and applications in order to both extend the lifecycle return of their technology and financial investments, as well as ensure their MYOB EXO ERP platform remains at the very epicenter of data exchange and capture in an “always open for business” digital economy.
But what is MYOB EXO ERP Integration? How does it differ from customisation and add-on modules, and what are some of the key benefits delivered within the business?
Unlike customisation which is generally confined to the modification of a single ERP instance or initial configuration of a ‘greenfield’ ERP deployment, MYOB EXO ERP integration involves the complex and specialist task of dovetailing an organisations existing proprietary and multi-vendor applications such as CRM, Supply Chain, Logistics, Accounting, E-Commerce, etc. into the EXO ERP core.
The ultimate goal of ERP integration is to create a business environment where processes can be translated into highly efficient system-to-system data exchanges and interactions, and where the reliance to interact with; and manage multiple applications, data-sets and analytics may be removed to focus on operational improvement, holistic streamlining and performance benefits.
ERP customisation also differs from EXO ERP integration in that it is typically driven by a requirement to modify how information is captured or presented from a user experience (UI/UX). It (customisation) does not typically extend out from the core EXO ERP platform to exchange or consolidate information with existing 3rd party applications.
For example, a travel agency may require the adaptation of a specific field or data set within their ERP system to capture information for a customer’s airline booking. This would be considered a customisation. But if we extend this fields ability to exchange and interrogate information in real-time directly with an airlines proprietary ticketing platform located externally of the travel agency we require the ability for these two platforms to interact and communicate – thus be integrated.
MYOB EXO Modules vs Integration
MYOB EXO Modules sometimes called “add-ons”, are purpose built turnkey applications that provide a business with the ability to expand the capabilities of their MYOB EXO solution as well as enhance functionality. Although these modules are engineered to seamlessly integrate into MYOB EXO ERP they do not natively integrate with 3rd party applications and in many instances themselves require customisation to achieve what the business ultimately desires.
What are the Key Benefits of MYOB EXO Integration?
In every ERP implementation, there comes a time where all systems need to communicate with other 3rd party and legacy applications.
Indivia’s ERP integration solutions allow data collection, warehouse management, and other 3rd party systems to integrate more easily and reliably with your MYOB EXO ERP solution. As your business grows and your needs become more sophisticated and complex some of the compelling reasons to integrate your MYOB EXO solution may include:
- Extend capital and operating investments over existing systems and applications whilst decreasing overall total cost of ownership (TCO);
- Remove potential strains on IT and training resources through the use of one application to run an entire business;
- Provide a holistic end to end business performance environment with a “single source of truth” for data capture, reporting and analytics;
- Integrate both internal and external information and work flows used by the organisation within a single, comprehensive solution;
- Drive the flow of information between all internal business functions while managing connections to outside stakeholders such as suppliers, partners and service providers;
- Deliver tighter controls for financial and compliance reporting practices;
- Access valuable corporate data to drive continuous improvement and consolidation strategies;
- Support streamlined sourcing and procurement processes;
- Providing sales and operations planning with access to critical information that ensures the business can deliver to customer’s expectations.
- Automate business processes such as invoicing and sales and purchase orders;
- Use of a single base of information for billing and other customer interactions to improve service levels and customer retention.
Talk to us about your EXO application integration strategy
Since ERP solutions are the operational backbone of an organisation, it’s essential to partner with a company like Indivia that understands your business, can improve the quality and efficiency of your organisation, and unlike others deliver a truly integrated solution and not simply a bolt on or off the shelf solution.
For more information on how Indivia’s MYOB EXO ERP Integration solutions will ultimately save time and expense, or to have a confidential discussion about your application integration strategy, telephone us today on 1300 660 652 or use the details provided on our contact page.